We all know how hard the covid pandemic hit local businesses – with travel and leisure restrictions imposed, tourism plummeting and a general feeling of unease amongst the general population. One of the sectors hit the hardest was most definitely the accommodation sector, with Gozo also suffering from double insularity to further compound this.
Luckily, in 2022, things are finally looking positive again as we’ve witnessed a regenerated uptake in both local and international travel and tourism. Now, Visit Gozo wants to help Gozitan accommodation businesses to market themselves to a wider and more relevant audience, with the aim of continuing to bring quality tourists to our lovely little island!
If you own or run an accommodation business here in Gozo, Visit Gozo has launched a new scheme whereby they will cover up to 65% of your digital marketing efforts which may take place locally or internationally.
The reimbursement will go up to a maximum of 8,000 euro, and are is on the following conditions:
- You’ll have to invest at least 5,500 into your digital marketing efforts (and get back 3,575 from the scheme)
- You’ll be required to engage a professional digital marketing agency, such as us here at Keen Ltd, to help you devise and deliver the campaign.
- The campaigns will need to be well researched and relevant to the appropriate target audiences, including the UK and most European countries, other countries and demographics will be considered based on the correct amount of research.
- You’ll need to submit a content marketing plan covering a period between 6 and 12 months
- Retrospective campaigns will not be considered eligible
- Submission of periodical and final campaign analytical results
- An affiliation to Visit Gozo throughout the campaign period
Some of the expenses that will be considered eligible for the scheme include:
- Paid campaigns
- Social Media Management
- Website creation or revamp
- Google marketing ads
- Content creation (Professional writing, photography and video)
- Content translation
To be part of the scheme, Applicants will need to:
- Apply on behalf of the company brand name
- Operate as an accommodation business in Gozo
- Present a copy of your MTA licence
- Provide a description of the marketing initiatives to be undertaken
With a limited number of allocated funds, this scheme may end up closing earlier than expected, so it’s advisable to get in touch today to discuss how we can help you reach your target audience effectively and hammer home your company’s message.
All good businesses need well crafted communication strategies, and yours should be no exception. That’s why we’re here to help. Here at Keen, we believe in business partnerships that are built on a bedrock of research, mutual understanding and common goals. We look forward to receiving your questions here.